Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....But it is a scientifically measurable hole, isn't it?

Since we can measure pressure . . . Craig, why do you think that pressure is NOT included in the formula used to compute recoil? If pressure has a measurable impact on recoil, I'd think it would be included in the formula. Instead, it's rather conspicuous by its absence....

Larry, I was just pointing out that your 'scientifically measurable hole' amounted to something like .04% more mass being ejected. Of course that number is measurable, I was just scratching my head that you used it as justification for the higher felt recoil of low pressure loads in the GT piece.

As to not using pressure, maybe that's just convenience or laziness. I would think it's much easier to weigh payloads and record velocities. But, somehow or another, velocity was created in a way related to pressure and different pressure curves may be related to varying rates of acceleration, again for all else being equal except for fast vs. slower powders.

I'm pretty sure some people can detect differences in pressure and acceleration, in non shooting situations. It seems that those things are undetectable as they relate to the so called calculated total recoil vs. quantifying felt recoil, or are they?