Originally Posted By: 12boreman
Again, can anyone show me a powder that can load 28 thru 8 gauge consistently? Please show me one.

You can load every gauge from 28 up to 10 with Green Dot. There, that is one. It is not the best in all those gauges. But it does meter better than 800X. I once knew a shooter who had worked up .410 loads using Red Dot. They worked, but I would never call them a good idea, or the best option. If you like 800X for everything, then good for you. I'll keep using different powders to get the best performance I can instead of using a "universal" powder and settling for what ever performance it can give me in a given load.

As to PB. I started rounding up extra, a couple years ago for my low pressure loading needs. I've got about 40 pounds so far. I even know where another 8 pound keg is sitting on a store shelf waiting to be bought. Intend to buy it next week if I get a chance. So even powders which are long discontinued are still out there if you look and get lucky. I just wish I could find some $10.00/thousand 209 primers, or $11.00 a bag shot.