To answer Ryman's question. The standard load for these guns is 7/8th. ounce. From a 12 bore this is a good killing load. Here in Britain it is not hard to find standard 2 1/2" 12 bore loads using 7/8th. ounce. I used to use an Eley one called Blue Lite which was really a clay load but performed on game without a problem in number 7 shot. One of my other favourite 7/8th. ounce loads was one made by Sellior & Bellot called the Practice & Vermin cartridge with a paper roll crimp case and size 6 1/2 shot. A good many rabbits and pheasants were accounted for by this load. Sadly it is no longer available but I recently sourced a flat of 250. Failing that Lyalvale Express make a 7/8th. ounce 6 1/2 shot round in aplastic crimped case that is an excellent game getter. Yes, 7/8th. ounce loads are often all you need.

Reference the recoil in the light 2" I have never found the slightest discomfort with my reloads and Eley ammo. I do hear that the Lyalvale 2" is a bit punchy. I have used their earlier ones with no problem but recent reports show that the later offering may be a tad uncomfortable. I have recently managed to get a couple of boxes but am yet to try the theory. Lagopus.....