BTW, I guess I feel compelled to say this given the often caustic nature some of these threads sometimes devolve into.

I NEVER engage in that stuff. Over the last week or so the back and forth with "Dave B" evolved about the same way it did when he joined the old Lefever forum. We began by trying to explain, which then lead to trying to calm him and appeal to the reason offered by multiple people...and lastly I just gave up.

So when he began again here I at first attempted to reason with him, but he's so quick to lunacy that that cause was quickly lost.

Why does it matter? I guess it matters to me MORE than the usual political infighting (which used to be wisely moved to "Misfires") because it sews the seeds of mal-education.

The internet has devolved into being as much MIS-informative as it is informative. This greats on me terribly. But while the political stuff on here is mostly a distraction, because nobody comes to the Doublegun BBS for 'informed politics,' they do and SHOULD come here for double gun information.

I lurked for years before I ever had a word to say...largely because I hadn't learned enough to contribute anything!

I should probably fade back out to "view only" on here. I'm generally a pleasant, reserved person. But I lose my temper in the face of willful ignorance. It is a genuine human sickness to be that way.

- NDG