Dewey Vicknair has left the building. All of his posts are gone, and he is gone. When he decided to quit posting here on Doublegunshop, he must have requested that Dave Weber totally delete his user account, because all of his posts, photos, etc. are gone, and even his name no longer appears in the user list.

Guys who followed him and looked forward to his posts and projects may recall why he quit. It wasn't because he lost interest in fine guns. I was sad to see him leave, and I, for one, wish he'd reconsider. I don't know if I've ever agreed with Bill on anything, but I'd second the nomination of either Dewey's Thread, or Dennis Daigger's "The Last Martini" Thread because both demonstrate that fine custom gunmaking is far from being a lost art. However, "The Last Martini" thread appeared in this sub-forum., and it did pertain to Custom Single Barreled Sporting Rifles while Dewey's equally beautiful gun was a Double Rifle. And "The Last Martini" is still here for others to judge and enjoy, while Dewey's thread is gone.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.