Stan,

I want you to take a good look at the Best J.P Sauer double guns, that same stock fit has never been told to have excessive cracking. Understand the engineering design is almost identical to the L.C. Smith. You do not see a lot of their stocks cracking because they only made less than 1/2 the guns that L.C. Smith/Hunter Arms produced.

All wood cracks at a certain percentage, no matter the gun maker. The more guns produced the more crack stocks you see. Hunter Arms produced more guns than any other American Gun maker, so naturally you see more cracked stocks.

I own many L.C. Smith double guns, most are all pre 13 guns, none have cracked stocks. The design of the gun has nothing to due with your stock cracking, either you oiled & stored the gun incorrectly, or the wood failed on it's own, because it was a faulty piece of hard wood, which Hunter Arms could not have seen during manufacturing.

By the way Nick is absolutely correct in his assessment, you just do not want to accept what he told you, which is your purgative. Foolish as it maybe.

I have owned many different shotguns still own many of them, from Fox to Remington to Brownings to LeFever's to Savage to J.P Sauers, to Winchester to Boss, to original H&R Hammer Guns. None match the over all quality engineering of the L.C. Smith, although some do have the altered Brown Rotary Bolt.

Stan you also put way to much stock in Vicknair's judgement, better you should listen to Master Gun Maker Nick Makinson, who actually knows L.C. Smith/Hunter Arms Guns. There are many people like yourself who have flawed judgement where gun make is concerned.

RGD/Dave
L.C. Smith Man

Last edited by Ryman Gun Dog; 08/05/18 03:45 PM.