Originally Posted By: salopian
Two months ago I visited the Purdey factory .
I was told , the new trigger plate O/U was designed and built by P&V using some parts made by Purdey ( Barrels).
Thursday I was told in a Press release that the O/U Trigger plate gun was wholly designed and built by Purdey in London.
BUT it was a Press release.
From what I saw on my visit to the factory , a new broom and a time study engineer would work wonders , as would banning employees mobile phones. I think Purdey prices now include network charges and calls to Wives and Girlfriends.

Purdey probably want to keep their employees sweet and onside. Its not like Purdey can run around to the local job centre to hire an actioner or stocker if they piss off the staff they have.

I have worked (briefly) in an engineering works where the management and workers were daggers drawn. Didn't make for good business or work environment, nobody would do anything other than their exact job, no goodwill or anyone willing to do anything beyond that expected.

I left and went to somewhere far better, i could go to the toilet when i wanted, use the phone, order tools and materials i needed, have classic fm on the radio, far more relaxed, but when i was asked could i work late or do a saturday morning ? No problem.