As a matter of fact I do have a favorite, and it just returned home to me a few days ago! It's not my most valuable, or prettiest; but it's my favorite!
A #1 Rolling Block I built on an original Sporter action I got from my late friend Whitey Hanson. The stock blanks were given to me by another friend before he passed on. The skeletonized buttplate was a gift from another close friend who passed in May of this year. Barrel is a Green Mountain 3.5 wt. full round in 32" length, and chambered in .40-65.
I stupidly let the gun go in a trade long ago, and another good friend ended up with it eventually after it toured the country. He fixed some abuse and mistreatment it got, and shot it in longrange matches. I told him if he ever sold it, to please let me have first chance to buy it back! He graciously allowed me to buy it back at our annual longrange shoot this week!
I was tickled to get it back, and Steve brought loaded ammo so I could shoot it at our shoot this year! Felt great to hear it ring the 990 yd. dinger again!