Originally Posted By: Chukarman
SOO... as a civilization we forge ahead with 'progress' - new scientific discoveries and developments. Then we belatedly discover the law of unintended consequences. By the time this problem has been identified and 'science' has been developed to illustrate the threat, the industry that the new development has spawned is heavily invested in production and distribution and lobby against any change.

This is clearly a formula for assured, long term disaster. I m not a political person - not on purpose, anyway - but this is clearly a political problem, and our political system is broken.

I regret I must agree the the current political system is operating badly. The system is good, but the people are what is becoming more broken every day. Our society no longer has relatively universal values and demigods from all sides are playing short term selfish games to twist things in order to win. Society is being broken down into tribes. Civility is dead.

Our representative Democracy requires educated thinking citizens who use reason not emotion and believe in the values of our constitution. I am not sure we have enough of those citizens left.

Last edited by old colonel; 06/26/18 09:09 PM. Reason: Additional lines

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS