I've seen the game scene guns with higher prices, but, they seem to sit forever. I also prefer the scroll version, and it seems there are always a few for sale. I've heard the same production number Geo posted, with about half that number for the Belgian version of the gun. It would be interesting to know if it is the same gun, or if the Belgian gun is significantly different in any way.
The BSS Browning, with it's 2 3/4" chamber and modern, well finished steel, should be an excellent gun for typical hunting that is available to me. I can sneak promo loads in it, if I have to.
I had a pre Royal Holland project gun, with a Holland patent single trigger, many years ago, and the experience kept me away from sidelocks for close to thirty years.
I find myself remembering things I liked (sweet balance and handling) and disliked (sharp edges on bottom of the action) about sidelock guns as I work into the ownership of a different example. The pros do outweigh the cons by a long shot.
I may remove the springs from the ejectors down the road, or, just leave them be. Other than that, I plan no changes.

Best,
Ted