The story I bought was that Sedgley would make rifles for retailers with their name on them, I had never heard that before and after receiving the rifle I believe the story is correct. Typical Sedgley features are the stock with the checkered triangle behind the tang, Sedgley bluing, non-military barrel, barrel band, Sedgley safety firing pin and the little raised tits on the bottom of the bolt shroud.
Non-typical features are the bolt jeweling and bolt knob checkering, military front sight, P barrel proof instead of S proof, A Hatcher type hole in receiver and of course the name on the barrel (Collins Gun & Sporting Goods Shop, Thomas, W.VA.) It appears the shop was also a watch repair shop.
In the tang location where Sedgley would put their serial number on rifles with the receiver markings stippled out, there is a 1. They also stamped what appears to be the original serial on the bottom flat of the receiver. When Sedgley did checker the bolt knob on the Deluxe rifles, it was on a circular pattern and not a tear drop pattern like this one.
I'm glad I got this example, even though I have always been told to not buy the story.
Dan

Last edited by DanLH; 06/20/18 11:41 PM.