One of my sons called me old school after I beat him in Sporting Clays. He correctly pointed out that while I have many O/Us, semi autos, doubles and pumps I shoot any of them just for the fun of it. No real favorites. I am not above shooting a pump gun, with no rib, or with a Cutts, or Poly Choke, or an old field grade gun with a well worn stock or barrels with little finish remaining, just for the fun of it. While I like fancy wood, nice engraving and vent ribs plain works just as well for me. Beauty does not get you extra days out with me. Its all about the fun and maybe a little bit about the challenge.

He was complaining about the looks of my plain barrel Model 42, with the field stock, no checkering, corn cob fore end, slip on recoils pad for length and general lack of any degree of factory finish. A lot of people have enjoyed this gun over the years, mostly short men or big boys judging by the short stock. Still a slick little pump gun.

So are you old school in that you can and will shoot any gun or are you a fellow who wont hunt with an ugly dog, gun or truck? Im old school I guess.