That's my take on the Royal book too. It's a great coffee table book, but not without errors. The factual/statistical info is all garnered from Murray and/or info sussed out on the forum by we members. Very little, if any, primary source/original research- but a heckuva lot of pretty pictures which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Michael's approach was the opposite I feel- the research being paramount, the pics secondary (although his pics were world class to boot).

Having been a member on the Savage forum for almost a decade and a half I like to feel I've contributed to the knowledge base, but have learned far far more. The members there are as knowledgeable in their field(s) as are the members here in theirs. The difference is as pointed out: the humor that creeps in and the "real life" interaction. That, I feel, is why it endures.

Y'all have a good Memorial Day Weekend. Don't forget the reason for its being. And get some shooting in! (I'll be dragging a trunk full of Savages, Springfields, and Winchesters along on my trip that revolves around range time primarily.)