Originally Posted By: rocky mtn bill
A general observation about our political divide....

....We look around today and see that guns aren't necessarily benign....

....changes can feel overwhelming, and one common reaction is to be just plain pissed off and filled with resentment.....

....Too few people are willing to see the change and face up to it. It's just so much easier to blame it all on our schools or the other political party. Meanwhile the losses just keep accumulating....

Me, pissed off and resentful? I think you were explaining about how you feel, didn't I just mention I'd rather not roll over?

If it's not YOUR political party and your tacit approval of what's being force fed to our kids, honestly, please?, what else would make you state that 'guns aren't necessarily benign'? Flat out, you're calling for gun control because I'm too dumb to 'face up to change'? I have memories of my good ole days, but why should I accept the change of a law enforcement pc tier system, because a lefty says something is not necessarily benign, likely a living, breathing, evolving thing.

Jeez, now in the context that you feel a sense of unfairness from whippersnappers, what make you confident that imposing restrictive laws and regulations on everyone that will abide by them. Hang on, I have to come up for air. What mechanism do you have that will make criminals abide by new laws, if we can point to a factual history that they will not abide by current laws? What is in your dna and formative years that prevents you from wanting crime tackled, instead of dreaming utopian? You're an earther, what kind of vehicle do you drive?