Brent pretty well nailed it. The Ikes run a good club in Ames. Trap, skeet, and a game they call wobble which is sort of a combination of the two.

For a pretty long stretch at the tail end of the last century (now getting further away in the rear view mirror), Iowa was the top pheasant state in the nation. Pretty big deal for shotgunners, but Iowa has never promoted its pheasant hunting like the neighbors over in South Dakota. And does not have a lot of public land, and only a very small program that offers public hunting access to private land. And pheasant hunting, compared to the late 1980's/90's, has fallen on hard times in Iowa. But I was fortunate enough to live in Iowa back then. And, to paraphrase George Bird Evans, I had a dog, a gun, and time enough to do a lot of pheasant hunting. Looking back on those years, it really was pheasant heaven.

Brownell's is definitely worth a stop if you're coming across I-80. You won't find a lot of nice used sxs there, but you're likely in luck if you're looking for anything related to guns.
Also coming across I-80, the Scheels store in Coralville (Coral Ridge Mall) occasionally has a few interesting doubles. Otherwise, agree with Brent that Iowa is not fertile ground if you want to look at interesting sxs.

Last edited by L. Brown; 04/18/18 07:57 AM.