Originally Posted By: Shotgunjones
Don't over think this.

They're just assholes.

+1 Shotgunjones... best observation yet.

If I'm reading this, and Argo44's link correctly, Citibank is attempting to control its' business customers who sell firearms.

Since all gun buyers who buy firearms from FFL's are already required to pass a NICS Background Check, that requirement is meaningless. And since all parties seem willing to simply allow the ATF to ban the sale of bump stocks, that part is likely meaningless as well.

That leaves Citi's decision to try to prevent firearms retailers from selling long guns to adults under the age of 21... something some retailers such as Wal Mart are already planning to do. I have mixed emotions about that one. I know it is wrong on so many levels. But I also know that large numbers of young adults seem to be quite willing to give up their Constitutional Rights and allow themselves to be discriminated against because of their age. Part of me wants to try to save them from their own foolishness, but another part of me wants to let them hang themselves.

I think it is time we started talking about raising the age to drive a car, which would save hundreds of times as many lives. That might get their attention. And maybe it is time to talk about raising the age to vote since so many young people seem willing to give up our Constitutional Rights based upon emotion rather than reason.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.