I got the last 4 screws yesterday. I was able to fit and time 3 of the four with only a little work and patients.

The hammer screw lock screw on the left side bottomed out but was still proud about 10/1000. I was taking it out to see if there was something under the screw or if the head needed shortened when half the head broke away. CRAP! I put it up for the day. I know better then keep going when things go wrong.

Afrer "sleeping on it", I took a fresh look this morning. I had backed the screw out a good bit - enough I could get a small pair of vice grips on it and screw it out.

Wanting to get something that looked better than an empty hole, I took the smallest scope base screw in my assortment and turned the head down and cut back the underside to the right thickness. Then ground the threads off and reduced it to a diameter small enough to drop into the threaded hole. Basically, I made a "faux" screw. Obviously, it doesn't screw in but fits nicely and looks good - kind of like a glass eye looks better than an black hole.

Last edited by Bibbyman; 03/02/18 07:01 PM.