Originally Posted By: danross70
I have owned one Burgess (non-folding), and looked at a number of others over the years. Yours is as nice as any I have seen and the folding feature makes it even cooler. Currently I'm considering restoring a Model 1901 Winchester lever action shotgun. I read somewhere that Winchester built some 50-110 rifles on the 1901 action. Any thoughts on whether the action would stand up to that round? Maybe I could rifle the barrel and shoot 10 Ga. slugs--how about that for a "stopping rifle"?

The biggest problem would be the rotating action and how strong it would be. They aren't real reliable in the extraction dept. either. Cycling the cartridge out of the magazine and into the chamber would be an interesting feat as well.

The action rotating like it does, will be the biggest obstacle in making something like that work, as the length of the cartridge would be the determining factor as to whether or not it would feed and extract.

Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is, listening to Texans..John Steinbeck