Well I talked to Tobi Nisse,my German gunsmith and used gun dealer,who has my Hollenback drilling, he informed me he went inside the action and found the firing pins, and all springs and mechanisms in place and in excellent condition, Again he is amazed at how few moving parts there are and how simple it is, in fact he and his German combination gun senior consultant were certain it looks so clean and shiny it mustve been replaced 30 or 40 years ago, that is not true,the Hollenbeck drilling is just of such quality that thats the way it looks, after 116 years, which has been described by previous forum members, who looked inside the action and it was so shiny and new looking, like a time capsule!
Once the action is silvered (and he wondered if the thumb release and release for the forearm should be kept dark? Im thinking all silver,) and once the Damascus barrels are refurbished, and pivot scope mount has been fabricated for the Hollenbeck rib and barrels ( Which is different for German drillings) the gun will be sent here in time for his Tobis visit to the USA and turkey season, if it really makes it back, we will then be able to describe the whole process of sending it for repair, refurbishing, and insert placement and return!