Der Ami
Thank you for your thoughtful and most informative reply. I do plan to take the advice of the experienced German gunsmiths on what shotshells to safely fire. I am content to use the reduced load RST shotshells unless the gunsmith tells me differently. I will find out the details of proof testing and share it since I am confused about it. For my personal use. I plan to take the German gunsmiths recommendations and would only use a shot shell load they have first fired. Regarding the now obsolete .25-25 Stevens,Ive researched a number of publications and handload recommendations, using smokeless powder, my plan is to start at 80% of the recommended load and slowly work up, looking for pressure signs, this will be easy since I handload and I have already obtained the brass, the reloading die, leverevolution powder, 87 grain Spitzer Sierra Varminter bullets and magnum small rifle primers. After working out technical difficulties, I will attach pictures. It is so amusing how excited and obsessed our German gunsmith brothers are with this American drilling, they never knew one existed and their excitement is way out of proportion to what I wouldve expected. This is so much fun!