Hi all. Thanks for the replies and info. I am in NYC so I do not have this in my possession as it's back down south with family and the rest of my collection. I was given all these pics of it and they kept saying it was a "drilling." I called down to make sure it was a 2-barrel and not a 3-barrel and yes, it is only 2. And now upon closer inspection of photos, I see only 2 firing pins in O/U configuration. I should have caught that.

Thank you for clarifying that "BBF 54" is the model of it. I've edited my original post to reflect this so no one else searches for info on a drilling and finds this non-drilling. smile And this also explains why I can't find any other drilling like this! Ha!

Originally Posted By: ellenbr
The datecode is on the left flat/left side of the tubeset. Most interesting that it wears the Krupp 3 Ringe Stahl.

There is no date-code on the flat. In pic #3 of my second post, where you can see it shows 7x65R with the Krupp on the round surface - the flat there says "16/70" and then an Eagle over N (Final Nitro proof). There is no writing on the other side's flat.

However, in looking at the stamps on the other side of the round portion of the barrel (in pic #4 of my second post), it is has an Eagle over N (Final Nitro proof), the Kiel Proof House "splat," and what looks like "JB" under that - which could be 1981 date of manufacture. But it's really fuzzy even on the zoomed in high-res original photo and it could be an "08." However, on photo #5 in my second post, there is a distinct "JF" over "7" on the barrel - could that be the month/year (July 1985)?

Last edited by BorisBadenov; 02/13/18 01:40 AM.