Pine Siskins come to my feeders in early spring. They much prefer the tiny nyger seed and are quite acrobatic, mainly feeding upside down. I enjoy looking closely to see their yellow wing bars and love how aggressive these tiny beings can be!

I have all the back issues of SSM as I have stories in most of them. I surely enjoy the notion that some think my stuff is worth rereading and that folks revisit with an enhanced perspective. I also read things here that I imagine the poster might have learned from something I learned and passed on via a magazine column.

I'm my biggest fan and still read my articles first, in Sports Afield. I hope this doesn't sound too narcissistic or egotistical? With the good editing I've been fortunate to experience, they always look and read differently in the magazine format, along with photo placement, they appear much better than in manuscript form. Sometimes I'm delighted, sometime not so much~~

Editors have been very good to my writing, a fact that I have always had the upmost appreciation for and have tried to acknowledge.

Last edited by SDH-MT; 01/26/18 01:35 AM. Reason: edit