Originally Posted By: DES/TSD
Actually, Al may have done the metal work. He could have also had Ed LaPour or Bruce Farman help him. He has done it all three ways in past. I just do not know. In his younger years Al and Don may have done it together. All of this is possible. I just know Al did the wood work on this project. I talked to Bob Evans just this last week in Vegas. He is still working. George has retired and is hard to get a hold of. I talked to Al just yesterday and today....he says without looking he could not say he did not build the metalwork too. He is still full of fire.

No, Bob Evans is a very good friend of mine, and he told me he did the metal prep prior to engraving and having George do the bluing. Bob actually built two identical guns, and the picture I posted was one of the pair.
George was doing some work after he retired, but only for a small number of customers. I have used George previously and would have loved to continue after he retired, but I rarely needed his service, so I wasn't able to use him later. After George's wife passed away, he finally quit completely. He's been playing with his old cars, and just keeping busy doing what he wants for himself.

Last edited by Vall; 01/24/18 01:39 PM.