well keet an udders, as i see it, the second amendment is one of the first ten amendments to the u.s. constitution...the first ten amendments to the constitution are known as the bill of rights...the primary purpose of the bill of rights is to limit the power and scope of the federal gubmint...

the second amendment states that within the context of a well regulated militia, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed...that means to me, that the second amendment, in the context of the bill of rights, forbids the federal gubmint from infringing on the right of the people to keep and bear arms...and the framing of the second amendment, within the context of a well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, seems to me to imply that it is up to each state to determine the level of civilian arms regulation that is needed to maintain public safety and security...in the 20th century, many state and local gubmints enacted legislation that regulate the civilian right to keep and bear certain classes of arms, such as handguns and semi auto military style rifles...to date most of those laws are still on the books and have not been overturned nor repealed...

and as for the two 2008 federal court rulings you site above, they have to do with local gubmint prohibition of the right to keep and bear certain classes of arms, but do not address state and local gubmint regulation of the keeping of certain classes of arms...

you also above, refer to an individual right to keep and bear arms...that is a relatively new concept, only validated by recent federal court ruling... in my opinion, the second amendment does not address the right of individuals...it does address the right of the people...which, to me implies a collective right of the people...

and the ongoing battle you refer to above should not really be about weather state and local gubmints have the power to regulate civilian possession of certain classes of firearms, but rather does gubmint at any level have the power to prohibit civilian possession of any arm...there is a vast difference between regulation and prohibition...

and keet, sometimes i too think you are a disruptive, addled, brainless piece of crap...but, i would never say that to you, because, that would be rude...

Last edited by ed good; 01/19/18 10:48 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...