Originally Posted By: Brittany Man
Boy I wish this thread would get back to "Mullered Borders".

I really think a mullered border adds a lot of "class" to any point type checkering job.

I remember when perfectly executed borderless checkering patterns were all the rage in custom rifles & borders were looked upon as a means of covering up checkering runovers. Although there may be a bit of truth in this I always thought a point pattern looked "naked" w/o a border & a perfectly executed mullered border isn't exactly a cover up for runovers.

I'd be interested in a checkering discussion and some pictures of mullered borders vs alternatives. What makes good and not so good checkering? I'm trying to learn a little and maybe try my hand at recheckering and checkering.

Personally, I prefer borderless checkering, but I'm not very sophisticated and might change my mind if some interesting examples and variations could be posted. I certainly need the education.

Brent

PS. I have made good use of the "ignore" function. If folks don't post offensive quotes, I generally don't even see them. Anyone can do this to avoid going off road...

PPS. Steve, I didn't see those photos when I put up my post a few minutes ago. They just jumped in now.

Last edited by BrentD; 01/16/18 06:39 PM.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]