I was told by a member I needed to make some comments about Sedgleys.
1. The Hornet in the photo does not appear to have a Sedgley made stock. Since I haven't seen any additional photos of the gun it's hard to tell how much of it is Sedgley. Sedgley did make a number of Hornets on the full sized '03 action. They did shorten actions but not just for the Hornet, most shortened actions I have seen are in 250-3000 but there aren't very many of the shortened actions around. The catalogs did not list a hornet on the 1922 action but Sedgley would do a lot of custom work and it was listed in their custom work to convert a 1922 M1 to hornet for $22.50. The cost to convert the 1903 action to hornet was $32.50 with a new Winchester barrel, using their patented process.
2. As for all Sedgleys having the serial number and US markings removed and a new Sedgely serial number added, I would say from numbers on rifles seen, there are about as many Sedgleys (all calibers) with the original markings and numbers as there are those with new numbers. Michael Petrov and I talked a lot about this and neither of us had ever seen a Hornet with the markings removed. I'm not saying there aren't any hornets out there with markings removed and a new number added but so far I have not seen one.
3. Not all Sedgleys ended up with the barrel marked with their name but I assume most without the barrel markings were custom builds and not regular production items, but this is just a theory at this point.
4.I would dearly love to see a Sedgley '03 take-down rifle, I have never heard of one. I have nearly all of the Sedgley catalogs and they never listed a take-down model nor did they offer to do a take-down in their list of custom work.

Dan