Originally Posted By: treblig1958
Best thing England could of done was to leave the EU but how long will they remain outside of the EU.

England can flourish without the EU but can the EU flourish without England?

Im sure many in England would agree but they would be as misinformed as you seem to be. It was the U.K. that voted to leave and even then there was a majority in Scotland and N.Ireland that voted to remain. And of course nobody has left anything yet. If or when it does actually happen theres a fair chance it will lead to the break up of the U.K.
Lest you think that that I hope Britain stays in the EU nothing could be further from my mind. On the contrary, I think the U.K. leaving will be the best thing that could happen to the EU. Ever since they joined the Brits have been obstructionest on nearly every effort towards closer unity. They absolutely hate the idea of an EU defense force. They did everything they could to undermine the Euro and complained constantly about every EU law and the ECJ.
Whats funny is there are people in Britain who think that the EU may not survive their departure. Frankfurt, Paris and Dublin are already vieing for the Banks and financial service companies that will have to leave London to stay in business. The cruel truth is the people who voted to leave were sold a a bunch of bullshit. They want to take back control. When did working class or poor people ever have control? Britain doesnt even have a written constitution. They arent even citizens, they are subjects of Her Majesty. At least as members of the EU their rights were protected by the ECJ. I hope there will come a time when a majority of Britons will understand that they were conned by clique of old Tory land owing snobs who cant wait to dismantle workers rights and minimum wages.
There, end of rant.