on the matter of "Making an Offer" this happened to me many year ago which you will definitely see from the price mentioned. I was at a gun show in Nashville TN back when the TN Gun Collectors Association ran a great show, don't know if they even exist anymore but haven't sponsored a show in years. Passed by a dealers table whom I knew well & had bought a gun or so from previously & who also new I had a penchant for Lefevers. He told me I've got a gun here wih your name on it. He habded it over for me to look at, was an H grade LAC in geat mechanical condition but most finish gone.
No rust pitting or anything of the sort, just blue/browning & case colors bare. Price tag on it said $300.00. I told the gentleman that it appeared it would be a very good shooter, but not really a collectible & I couldn't see that kind of money for it. His response was "How much Would you Offer & Not Back Up".
I told him I would probably hurt his feelings if I made an offer, he replied "Try Me". I took him at his word & said $100.00. He said would you be happy with it for that, I said yes & he said its yours. It had 28" "Best London Twist barrels & turned out to have 1/4 choke in each barrel, most open chokes I have bought in a Lever & a weight of about 7 lbs. It is an excellent "Shooter" so am still happy with that urchaes, though I came within a hairs width of not making that offer as it was so low ball to the marked price, one just never knows until you try. Generally speaking a seller can only come down from a listed price, while a buyer can only go up from an initial offer. When I made my initial offer on this one I was actually counting on a bit of "Wiggle Room", but he took it with no further ado.

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra