Originally Posted By: bladeswitcher
....I'm sure the pawnshop experience is vastly different than the leather chair and bookshelf gun boutique scene, but . . .

The genuine gun guy buyers are fine. Many are salt of the Earth types. Some you would be happy to restart a nation with. They account for about 10-15 percent of folks at the gun counter and a HUGE part of your gun sales....

....Another 15 percent or so are simply legitimate consumers who are interested in making a one-time or occasional purchase....

...Probably two-thirds of the people who approach my gun counter are a total waste of time....

....So, yeah, I know where the OP is coming from....

....Each of you is free to decide for yourself where you fit in.

I think you did a great run down of doing business, and I appreciate the time you took to explain it. It looks like, unless the type of customer that approaches the counter, boutique or not, can be changed, it's just a numbers game. A buyer might not have to be concerned how they categorize themselves, but the seller might consider that foot traffic is the only way to meet the numbers whether it's at a show or showroom or online.