It comes down to who your market is in this case. Best option is to find a collector who puts a premium on what this gun is. Next best is a hunter who likes short barreled guns because he like them when he hunts. Hardest sale will be to a clay target shooter who has been told clay targets are easier with a long barreled gun. I'd start looking for Winchester collectors and see if there is any interest there first. As to price ask high and be willing to lower it if needed.

I bought a Japanese made Winchester 42 high grade limited edition, that was nearly new with the box. But close examination showed it had been shot. So nib value was gone. There were several small dings on the wood but the metal was perfect. I ended up paying less for that than I would have for a original 42 in 50% condition. The reproductions from Japan just are not in as much demand as the originals.

It killed a lot of Doves this year and won my Skeet club shootoff Sunday. I ran the 12 ga. event and had to shoot off doubles against two others. Not caring about winning I went out with my .410 to have some fun. Short shoot off, only went three stations and having not missed the .410 won the day. More luck than skill in this case. But it is a hoot to shoot.