Originally Posted By: Researcher
Quote:
Thing of it is though, a Super Fox is so rare unlike a Winchester 21 or an Ithaca NID in that configuration, 12 gauge with 30 plus inch barrels with 3 inch chambers, I would be hard pressed to use it.

The 12-gauge Super-Fox is not really rare, or even scarce, with 950 produced. On the other hand, the 87 magnum-framed, 12-gauge, 3-inch, Ithaca NIDs are pretty scarce.

I'd have to disagree with the idea that Super Fox guns are not "rare, or even scarce." 950 guns is a very small number when you consider the desirability and number available to meet the demand. But they were a working gun, meant to be used for hunting. Taking a gun hunting doesn't automatically mean it should be abused, dropped, tossed in the bed of a pick-up, and left wet and dirty.

The 1963 Corvette split window coupe is considered rare. There were 10,594 examples produced. If I should ever be lucky enough to own an Optimus grade Lefever, there is no virtually doubt in my mind that I would shoot it and take it hunting. But if it was one of those days or one of those places where a slip and fall is more likely than not... I'd pick something else for that day.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.