Very much the same here in the U.K. with bargains galore. I put it down to youngsters these days not going into fishing or shooting but spending too much time on their smartphones instead of going outdoors and doing things. High end guns are still up there but decent middle of the road; but still desirable stuff, is going very slowly. Recent local gun auction had a leather H & H gun case that I was mildly interested in with a guide price of 100 to 120. It had various oil bottles and bits and bobs in the case though not marked H & H. I was going away at the time of the sale but thought of leaving a mid range bid. In the case was, believe it or not, a free gun to go with it. A plain and well used; but still sound, in proof and with clean bores, Belgian box lock ejector. Case and gun fetched just 70! The oil bottles alone were worth about that. Wished I had bid on it now. Same sale was a very nice, clean, tight little lightweight box lock non-ejector 12 bore by E. Anson of Birmingham in its original case; guide price 220 to 250, so I suppose a reserve of around 200. It didn't even get a bid. I did buy a 16 bore box lock non-ejector by the Midland Gun Company in its factory canvas case and about 95% original colour hardening for just a bid of 120. Great little gun that would have been three times that price 25 years ago. Hammer guns are just about holding up if they are in decent condition as are small bores. Strange times! Lagopus.....