You've already mentioned Buck Hamlin, who is highly regarded for his work on L.C. Smith's, Lefevers, and other vintage American Guns. Another L.C. Smith guy who seems to get a lot of praise from customers is Jerry Andrews of Moundsville, WV. And if you've seen some of the shotgun work posted here by Dewey Vicknair of Lititz, Pennsylvania, you will recognize a man who is not satisfied with anything less than perfection.

My advice was not intended to discourage you or anyone from doing trigger work. It was only intended to make you aware that it requires a lot of knowledge, and perhaps the most meticulous talent in any part of gunsmithing. Settling for anything less than perfection could result in an accidental discharge that could be simply embarrassing when your gun fires as you close it on the skeet range. Or it could go off easily and unexpectedly from a minor bump, or jar, or fall while hunting. Bad news if it happens to hit your dog or hunting buddy.

Most often, the jar that sets a barrel off with no finger on the trigger is when a double gun doubles as the other barrel is fired. In that instance, at least the gun is typically pointed at a target or other safe direction, and the damage is limited to a bruised shoulder or cheek bone. I like to check any new purchase for the tendency to double by loading only one barrel at a time for several shots while doing some informal skeet shooting, and checking to make sure the other lock remains cocked after firing. You can leave a fired shell or snap cap in the empty chamber to protect the firing pin. Best to find out about this problem on an empty chamber. Practicing trigger work on old junk guns is advisable before working on anything good, as Stan suggests. This is a gunsmithing forum... a place to learn, and a place to also learn our own limitations. We share our knowledge because most of us are amateurs, and we see too many Bubba Gunsmith jobs. I recall reading a comment by a gunsmith about guns that come into his shop that have been "repaired beyond repair". Bubba Gunsmithing on triggers can do a lot more harm than ruining a good gun.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.