Thanks guys. I have done that with a model 31 Remington and I know it can be done on a model 12 just as you say. In the past a very good friend helped me pattern two pump guns. He brought along a tool that looks a bit like a huge gear puller. It was made for bending barrels. We used the tool to bend the Model 31 to shoot more to the right. (4" on 16 yards). It was easy. This was probably ten years ago.

The other gun was a model 37. We bent the heck out of it and it just returned to origin. I surmised, as he did that this being a newer gun used a different type of steel. We were unable to move the point of aim and in the end I sold the gun.

I have not tried to bend this barrel but this is what I know. I really like the feel and looks of the gun. It is a 1776-1976 Centennial (no gold) with nice engraving and a black finish. Possibly the buttstock has been replaced since it has beautiful figure in my eyes but it came without checkering. It came with a 30" plain barrel, choked Mod and is relatively light weight and handles well. My kind of feel. I am not a collector.

Since it was made in 1976 I assume it is the same steel and the guy with the tool lives five hours from me. Maybe it is worth a shot at bending anyway. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
I have a table top drill press that I could use to push down on the center of the barrel while holding the ends up on a couple of blocks of wood. Not much of a throw on this homeowners type press though. Maybe four or five inches. Any other thoughts?

Sorry to ramble on.