Originally Posted By: Stan
Money talks. If you don't agree with the player's protests, vote with your checkbook. Money is the only thing that matters to these sponsors, and their money, and the monies from ticket sales, is the only thing that matters to the NFL. Changing it won't happen immediately, but it could be done.

As for me, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn".

SRH

I was listening to the radio news on the way to work when this controversy was being reported. I thought : How many businesses would allow their employees to disrespect their customers? If I didn't stand to greet and shake hands with an airline executive visiting my company, I'd be fired. Even our CEO would be fired. Free speech or not. An airline exec that was snubbed would likely sway his company to buy Airbus instead.

Later I found an article where Mike Rowe (Dirty Jobs) commented. It's in the hands of the fans. http://dailycaller.com/2017/09/25/mike-r...nthem-protests/

I think all the NFL commissioner and owners are crapping their shorts about now.

I'm not a regular or even irregular NFL viewer. So, I don't have a dog in this.

Also, I see the NFL as about a generation away from vanishing. The concussion issue is not going away. The first effect will be on very young kid football organizations being largely avoided by parents, eventually leading to their demise. Next will be high schools, which will cascade into college and finally the NFL. This protest stuff is just sucking money out of their revenue and hastening the process, imo.

A majority of the millennial and gen x people I work with watch soccer anyway. Could be a trend.

Last edited by Chuck H; 09/28/17 08:06 AM.