Originally Posted By: Utah Shotgunner
Originally Posted By: Vall
I think it might be pretty interesting to convert it back to the self contained bullet/powder type rifle. Would take a talented hobbyist, or gunsmith, but would be pretty nifty!

Nah, I think this one is ready for observation and interesting discussion. Thread led to learning some interesting history about lever guns and a manufacturer I had never read about.

Someday I'll put in on Gunbroker. If I don't, it will end up sitting in a corner. Even if it is only valued the same as a rusty breechblock, someone will likely enjoy owning it.

Like most gun guys, I too have some "project" and "relic" guns sitting around my gun room. Some are obviously not worth restoring, or even getting running, as they are too common. Others are simply neat "art" as they have good stories. One old 1881 Marlin lever action was found near Wounded Knee. Another old gun was dug up by a local farmer plowing his field, and it bent the barrel 90 degrees. But they are fun to hang on the walls of my gun room. I've been offered pretty good money for the 4 I have, but they're fun to look at and talk about, so they're still here.