Originally Posted By: eightbore
Keith makes a great three paragraph argument, now six paragraphs, for not owning a wall thickness gauge. I think I will sell mine now that I know there is no reason to own one.

I wasn't arguing against owning barrel measuring tools in the slightest. I was only making the point that the vast majority of gun shops that sell millions of used or abused guns do not own those tools or measure shotgun barrels before they sell them to countless Bubba's. They obviously have a lot more exposure than most anyone here who sells or trades a few guns or barrel sets. There is no need to suggest that you risk losing the farm by selling some barrels, whether properly measured, or as-is. Better to worry about serious stuff like using the correct hinge pin grease! I own a Stan Baker Bore Gauge, a homemade wall thickness gauge, and a couple sets of plug gauges that I can also use for removing dents.

This brings up another point. If I set up at some gun shows and measure barrels for attendees and Bubba's as a courtesy, and they then blow up their gun after I tell them it has good MWT, do I then have some liability? And eightbore, if you sell your measuring tools, and someone uses them improperly and misses a thin spot and blows up their gun, are you somehow responsible for that too? Don't forget to send Dave his $10.00 if you sell them here... unless that somehow makes him responsible for accidents or negligence too.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.