My 13 year old grandson just started his first hunting season. We started him out a few months ago at our club shooting Wobble Trap with the machine set to throw high. I had him start with my Browning Citori 16 gauge and he did well by the third and fourth round. We usually shoot two rounds a session, once a week. He's tried a few other guns- a Hunter Arms Fulton 20 Gauge , an H&R Hammerless Single Shot 12 gauge and my Browning Superposed 12 gauge. He did well with the 12 gauges , but I think the 16 gauge has been a perfect fit for him. Just a little heavy for him , throwing an ounce of number 8 shot in the Herters Dove/Target loads enables him to get good hits on the clays. Tonight he hit 20 out of 25 in his second round. We're looking forward to the Youth Duck Season this Saturday. It looks like I've lost my main bird gun, but gained a hunting/shooting partner.

I'd agree with looking for a good used Citori or Beretta if possible. I was initially going to buy him one of the new Savage O/Us, but one of my fellow club members had his Savage double on him on the line the week before my grandson started.