There are elements of this chart that I just don't understand. Bis is the French equvilent of "sub-category" or of 1 and 1a. Tre is the equivalent of a second sub-category, But without examples, I just can't read these charts. Perhaps someone can interpret. (edit: These are model numbers.)

I'll give a rough translation of the last paragraph.

Warning: the user can expect to find a chart on the beginning or the end of a model number series for the IDEAL from the end of the 19th and from the beginning of the 20th century and in effect Manufrance published 4 catalogues for the public at large per year, and one or two deluxe editions and several other catalogues specially for gun shops. It is not unusual to find that a type of gun or model was proposed at the beginning of a year and not in the last trimester (or the inverse). This is simply linked to production objectives

I therefore set out to make a chronological model number identification chart which would be the closest to reality such that the collector or the amateur might have a base in order to detect fantastical markings, false markings or the refitting of replacement parts from various sourses.

Last edited by Argo44; 08/25/18 05:55 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch