Come on you Fusil de Chasse Jusxtapose Francophlies. All of you have lots of dating data. And you are cache-ing it like a French chef (who would never ever give you the whole recipe). It's now time to give up your secrets and post it here - even if piecemeal. We can "crowd source" the time chart. (if it has x it's post yyyy... etc.).

And all those anonymous serial numbers on Saint Etienne guns? Someone - one of the 120 gun makers in the city - put them there. Compile a chart..you'll get a statistics type of answer. (look at that "wonder" lock - we now have two datapoints...and can build on that).

(I'm tempted to buy that book on the IDEAL and scan the SN chart...everyone in France seems to have it.). And I'm wondering how many more records are out there.

Look, 50 years ago after coming back from Vietnam I took a summer job in the University of Alabama Geological Survey office. They had a warehouse full of geological core borings going down 18,000' but hadn't a clue on where they were bored. I researched the markings on the huge warehouse holdings, did research on the USGA publications and identified almost 90% of the core holdings, determining they'd once been analyzed. (long before the internet..i.e. books) This is not rocket science.

Last edited by Argo44; 09/02/17 12:59 AM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch