This 9.3x74R has been my hunting rifle for many years. It was marketed by H. Scherping in Hannover whom I believe was usually known for upmarket goods. The proofs are the standard B, U, G, and crown over N. The Krupp Stahl barrel carries the 108/49 bore gauge mark and the 3.5g GBP over St.m.G standard proof load for the 9.3x74R. The combination of these marks I believe points to a fairly early date in the 20th century. It has some features which strike me as a little unusual such as the half round barrel with a full length swamped rib with a flip up moon sight; the tang safety; the stock butt finished in the round without a buttplate; the horn part of the pistol grip which is inletted into the stock; the nontypical engraving (at least as I see it); and well, the action itself. The action is basically a Germanized Fraser. Take a Fraser with the side lever off and add an attachment point for an underlever to the trigger plate with a simple link to the breech block, replace the stock through bolt with normal screws in tangs, and, of course, add double set triggers and voila! Does anyone have any information to add on this action?