Yes Dennis it is painful. I have tried, over the years, to always save a copy of the pictures posted here and other sites that interested me. So, if you haven't done this in the past you may want to consider doing so going forward.
On that same vain if there is a picture you can remember, but can't find it anymore, I may have it, please send me a PM and if I have it I can share back.

With regards to Photobucket and other sites I fully agree with your assessment.
IMO, what happened at Photobucket is typical of the failure of their management to first keep their eye on the business model and second their failure to sell the advertisement dollars needed to stay in business. Poor quality employees is that issue. When those advertisement dollar dry up instead of managing costs, firing the non-productive employees, they look for new revenue streams which in this case is the people using their site for storage which is the root purpose of the site which in turn generates outside advertisement revenue. I predict they will go belly up in the near future.....kind of sounds just like our government doesn't it. LOL