Hello,
I am new to this group so please forgive me if this post doesn't turn out right. I have come into possession of an old Krupp Drilling which was made in Essen. It is a beautiful gun with very intricate engraving work.

I have just begun to educate myself on this type of gun and have had some success identifying the German proofing marks of that era.

I can easily see the Crown/U, Crown/S, Crown/W, and Crown/G proofing marks and believe I understand what these indicate. It is also easy to see the gun's serial#: 6359 and 16/1 and 16 in a circle indicating the shotgun gauge. For some reason someone stamped the serial# right over some of the other numbers making them difficult to read. I used chalk in attempt to make reading the markings easier. I believe the numbers that are partially covered are as follows:
118.35 (Barrel length ??)
11.02 (Barrel diameter ??)
1137 (Date gun was made?? November 1937??)

I also see the letters 'AK' (assumed to be gun makers initials?)
and what looks like 'SS' (??)
Also visible are some other markings that appear to be shields (??)

The barrels are marked with shot information but I do not see anything that looks like a Nitro stamp. I understand this indicates the type of ammunition this gun fires but not exactly clear on what these markings mean.

Any input about these markings, this gun, or it's estimated value would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Brian

Last edited by Drhaggs; 07/25/17 12:28 PM.