It's not a light load, but it's a dandy of a pheasant load at a sensible velocity. In this day and age of 1400+ fps 'pheasant loads" it could be considered light, relatively speaking. Below is an RST "Pheasant Load." It's a 12 gauge 1 1/4 oz. load of hard 5's at 1200 fps. I've patterned this load several times in a couple shotguns and it's always given a nice dense pattern downrange. This one was a laser measured 40 yards with a .020 modified choke. I actually stood at 41 yards.

I have been a fan of the B&P 1 1/4 oz nickel plated loads at 1330 fps, but this RST load patterns better and kicks a magnitude less. It's going in the top, modified barrel of a 6 1/2 pound Merkel 200E.

(I mislabeled the note in the corner of the pattern paper. It's not a Kent load. I was patterning some other Kent loads and wrote down the wrong name.)

Just for grins here's the Kent/Gamebore load. It's an ounce of Brit 6's at 25 yards from a skeet-choked barrel. I give Larry Brown credit for turning me on to these. They are peppy, but a good load for the lightish Merkel O/U. (Pretty tight for a fiber wad!)

And the gun. It's a 200E stamped 6/60. (This whole post was a sneaky way to brag about a new shotgun.)