Argo,
The serial number of the Darne wreakage, with the 1900 date stamp, if that is a date stamp, in my above post is 759. I did make mention of that in the post.

Darne serial numbers make sense to whatever regime was running the company at the time the gun was built. All Darnes have a serial number, and, as far as I know, all clones do as well. We are discussing a company that has been in business for near 150 years, and in a country that has come out victorious in two world wars, after suffering under a scorched earth policy during same.
While it is possible to date a Darne by it's serial number, there are so many exceptions and running changes that one needs to be in contact with someone knowledgable at the factory to be able to do that. Example: It is impossible to accurately date ANY Darne with an SPC or SPL prefix-this referred to a custom order gun, and the serial numbers were not broken out by date of order. When Paul Bruchet was alive, it was very possible he would recall building a higher grade V model so marked, but, that was a long shot, as well. Further, even using the list that was posted on Geoffroy's website until it went dark some time ago, you only got close with a serial number-the combination of letters and numbers only identified a decade, not a year.
That list, incidentally, only applies to guns sold in Europe-anything could be and was imported to the states, which, was considered a secondary market.

Good luck in your quest. I believe it will be quite daunting.

Best,
Ted