Originally Posted By: canvasback
Robert could be prickly but I interacted with him a bunch on the old DarneUSA forum and always found him to be polite and a fountain of information. I never had a problem with him.

And I think his information was pretty good. At least on the subjects I covered with him...primarily French guns.

His information in regards to Darne guns sucked. He was of the opinion that any sliding breech gun was a Darne product, including Charlins. He posted early Francisque Darne catalogs and patents and claimed they were Regis Darne items. He had a restocked clone that he was convinced was a valuable and rare Darne gun. He couldn't read French, but, put photos of French gun catalogs out claiming they proved something they mostly didn't.
He also claimed, like Steve Martin, in "The Jerk", to have been born a poor black child. He played that for a time, also.
He was a jerk.

If he knew something about anything, you couldn't prove it to me from here.

I think the notion of the king of the Rastafarians leaving Ethiopia, circa 1922, seems far fetched, at best. The fact that old Chamber Pot believed it happened (I wish I could remember who gave him that title, to give them proper credit) only proves irony can indeed smell just like BS.

Best,
Ted