Well I never worked directly for NASA but I built or helped build a pile of test models that ended up in Nasa wind tunnels in my career. I once on this board made the statement that areas of bores were proportional to the Square of their diameters. Some very Brilliant Mathematician posted back they were not proportional to their diameters but their radius. Duh , since the radius is diameter/2 if they are proportional to one they are proportional to the other.
Sometimes you just have to get down & Basic to make people understand that you can work from the diameter same as the radius if you use the proper figures.

Ken;
Never did like those RPN calculators. I started also over 4o years ago (was one of the first machinists in our shop to have a calculator) with a "Normal" calculator & learned to use it. I got on the Casio's due to their trig functions. I worked with a lot of angles which were often given in degrees, minutes & seconds. The Casio was to the best of my knowledge the first reasonably priced calculator which allowed you to take a trig function directly form an angle entered as ° ' " . Most others of the early times if I wanted to take the Sine say of 15° 30' I would enter 15.30 but would then have to convert to 15.5 before taking the function. The Casio was simply much easier to work with & once I got to using them I just stayed with them even after other makers upgraded to the same method of doing the trig. .

Miller/TN
I Didn't Say Everything I Said, Yogi Berra