I am researching the history of one of my guns and need some assistance with possible additional Information sources.

My O/U was #2 of a pair ordered in 1913. The price was 50 Guineas and a pair of SxS in trade. The customer was an army officer from Cornwall. I have researched the internet materials available to me and have discovered the following:

My officer was part of the 22nd mountain Battery (Derajat) and served in India and east Africa. He is listed variously as 2nd Lt., captain, and major. The same year that he ordered the O/U pair, he flew a Bristol Boxkite. He was sickened with a fever in the E African campaign, but survived. He was mentioned in dispatches in the Battle of Tanga in November, 1914. He was twice reinstated in 1928 & 1930 and retired in 1945.

I have been unable to locate his obituary and would like to know more about the original owner of my O\U, Capt. James Herbert Marmaduke Stevenson. What a great name!

If anyone can point me to some additional resources, I would be most appreciative.

Owen