The whole concept of thinking about one pellet breaks, and telling yourself that the only reason you shot a straight was because you got a couple of them, is counterproductive to good shooting. Self confidence is critical to shooting your best, and once you start thinking you have missed the bird with your whole pattern except for one pellet that hit it, your self confidence is on a downhill run.

I shot a 96/100 yesterday afternoon on a round of sporting, shooting two .020" barrels. There is no way I am going to tell myself I must have had several one pellet breaks to do that. There were no "iffy" breaks anyway, where a chip or two came off. The four birds I missed, I knew I wasn't right when I pulled the trigger. It wasn't because of a hole in the pattern, it was because I didn't put it where it was supposed to be. The rest of them were hard breaks.

Y'all keep on believing you're getting a good score because you got several one pellet breaks if you want to. I'll keep on believing I can smoke every target on the course the next time I get to shoot. I know how important confidence is.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.