Well it is time for the next installment.

I hauled a target frame out back and cleared the timber of trespassers (mushroom season is hell for trespassing).

At 20 yds, I found that the Short SKB shoots the improved barrel to very nicely to center. The Modified barrel is slightly high and very slightly left.

The Long SKB shoots the Modified to center, and the Full barrel is slightly low and right.

All of this was very disappointing, as I anticipated great differences between each gun. Nothing that would explain my poor shooting however.

I hate to think that is just the orange bead that has me shoot it so much better. But all my other guns have silver beads on them, like the short SKB yet I shoot all of them just fine.

Unfortunately, the barrels will not swap between the two guns. They are close, but they won't go, so I can't see how each shoots on the other's action. Not sure what that would prove anyway. However, as best as I can line them up side by side, I see no major differences in stock drop or anything else.

Larry, I thought that all the short SKBs had silver beads on them. I was sure of it. Do you know how these things are attached? If I can swap them, it would be interesting to see how they both do on the other gun.

Brent

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]